Saturday 15 May 2010

Sickened.

Haven't posted since the election...A result which, I'd like to make clear now, I care very deeply about, so much so, I can't be bothered to voice my opinions on such a matter upon the webernet. Ok, I probably could, if I was in the right mindset, I keep on going from (sometimes on an hourly basis) intense caredom to really not giving a shit, asides from cricket I've found something I really care about, so much so that it's like my caring needs to refuel every now and again... I really hope, if I ever end up genuinely caring about another human being, I operate on a similar basis - it'd be dull to be nice to someone consistently. I am however, going to leave you with this image before I move on:

A petition against her appointment can be found here: http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/36217.html - Sign it or you're a homophobe.

Oxford, St Andrews, Sheffield, Cambridge, Essex, University College London... The top 6 universities for a Politics degree, don't really stand a chance with the first two, too elitist. Sussex, the one I'm rather interested in, just because it's south, I know the area and it seems nice, is 24th, which isn't so bad... And UEA is 16th. I'm getting all these statistics from here by the way, http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php, you may want to look up any subjects you're interested in. I'm now virtually 100% committed to Politics or Political Science, I dithered with taking Modern History, but decided I'd be more interested in a politics course, and the civil service seem geared to encouraging people to taking that.

Whilst everybody else seems to be forming pathetic, probably short-lived relationships, I'm reading Hansard. Hansard? Hansard are the company which provides transcripts of every Commons sitting since 1803, I'm actually reading this stuff, not revising, reading about early 19th century legislation...One bit did make me chuckle though, I quote from the 25th August 1841:

Mr. Hastie spoke at some length, but was completely inaudible.
- Debate again adjourned.

Urg...How people in 'love' sicken me. How Lost's desperate attempt to answer stuff sickens me... Magic light? I expected better, ABC, I expected better.
General studies on Monday, is it weird to have found that exam quite fun last time? I got to circle letters and then rant about bins - awesome.

I recently had a lecture (from a dick-cock) about how I appear cold and hostile to people...Well, good. GOOD. This post is starting to fall apart, news? Any news? LET ME LIST NEWS.

1. I might be going to London with Ollie soon, or maybe Chernobyl (not massive about that one), hope I get to snoop about Whitehall.
2. I talk to my cat more, definitely doesn't make me mental.
3. The VMF is starting to fall apart.
4. The Thick of It boxset arrived - Happy.

Tom,

P.S: Oh, and little revision completed. Symbolic Graphology - symbols (obviously), Iconic Graphology - images and shit...*runs over to check he's right*....Yeah, I'll do fine.

No comments: