Sunday 10 May 2009

I found myself a Geo-Political Simulator

Yep I have, Commander in Chief 2009, I couldn't really resist buying it yesterday in Game upon reading the caption on the front of the box: 'What would you do if you were Prime Minister?' Unfortunately the game is VERY realistic and VERY annoying, for some bizarre reason Commons had a problem with me invading Portugal and the press tore me apart when they found out I had been making secret deals with some Russian terrorist group, to which I simply responded with a whimpering 'It wasn't me sir, it was Jerry' pointing to my senior advisor who I aptly fired. Yeah, being a good 'give the country free school meals' type of leader is pretty dull to be honest, for a game anyway, thankfully I did find some cheats which allowed me to essentially become a dictator, currently in a bitter war with South Africa, why South Africa? Simply because Europe looked far toooo scary.

Not like this weekend has been all fun and explosions though, no my fuhrer of a mother has regulated the times the Internet is allowed to be on (this being a 2 hour free zone) claiming that it is too much of a distraction for me. I sort of see her point, I start some revision then before long I've bought a classic 50's Morris Minor from eBay and am on a two week cruise to Brazil. However, I think I might just know everything there is to know about module 5, I can quite easily vomit area formula with little effort, even I find that a little scary.

Where are all the people???? Nobody is online and I've spent more than seven hours this weekend in the solitary company of my cat, I think he might evict me from my own room pretty soon. Neeeeeext week might be a little CRAZY (yeah that needed the bold treatment damn it), I suppose it's my last time to tell my teachers I've actually just been nodding my head blankly for more than half a year and have no idea what the hell to revise, seriously I realised yesterday that I had completely cocked up a Drama essay. On Friday I was scribbling away blissfully unaware that I was writing the wrong thing. This coming Friday might be entertaining though, I'm the Head Coach/Motivator of my tutor's tug of war squad, already brainstorming effective ways of pulling rope.
Gosh! I've heard nothing but praise about this Star Trek film, after reading James's blog I was amazed to hear that the audience actually applauded the whole thing when the credits started, WOW! I used to watch Star Trek when I was a wee lad, well my mother did and I remember watching it alongside her questioning nearly everything, then Star Wars came along and sort of destroyed Trek, sorry but lightsabers are just cool.

Anyway I'm going to go enjoy some of this lovely weather,

Tom,
P.S: Ian Bell's back in the team!!!!
P.S.S: Woah...

1 comment:

James said...

Hehehe...

That game sounds brilliant. Must be pretty satisfying, feeling that important.

Yeah, definitely go and see Star Trek, even if you do end up hating it, you can spend the whole hour and a half oggling at the campness of Zach Quinto's fringe. It's funny.

We should catch up soon.

See ya 'round!