Sunday 16 August 2009

Damn.

Bloody hell. Blooooody hell. I can't decide if today has been a good day or not, it's actually been a bit eventful. I get a phone call this morning informing me that I've been dropped from the team because I missed training, that's fine, I expected that. I was in Cornwall which did make things a tiny bit difficult but I'm well aware of Northleach's 'Well if you don't turn up to train, you don't play, humph' attitude. What I wasn't quite expecting was the news that in my place a small blond child who dons a stupid Scottish name, bowls fast for his age but is still rather slow and bats like he's taken speed, was playing (my brother). My Dad even went along to 'cheer him on' and 'take some photos'...Good. I'm not jealous at all. I'm confused, why pick him? I don't want to boast, but I'm just better, it's blatant honesty not arrogance.
However, it was in truth the correct decision to make. I can barely walk, I can hobble, limp if you will. For those who know my house, they'll presumably back me up when I say the distance between my kitchen and my bedroom isn't vast, it took me ten minutes earlier, ten fucking minutes and for once I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know what I've done to my left knee again, but it's pretty much broken even with my clumsy support in place...For God's sake I'm a cripple at 16, how is this fair? That being said, I'm almost certain it's my own doing, ever since I invented that little jump in my bowling run up when I land it puts too much strain on my leg, I bowl faster but for someone who got out of physio a few months ago it probably isn't advised. I'll stop doing that little skip, it looks a bit gay anyway.

A day at home followed - look how I make it seem like a rarity! I'm very pleased, I can play 'My Heart Will Go On' on the keyboard now and the opening to Baba O'Riley. Just want to say now, the latter of those songs is AMAAZING, the sort of amazing which requires Caps Lock and two A's. The former is just piss easy to play and is kinda nice and relaxing without the lyrics, the lyrics make me feel queasy. It's fine for say a heart transplant advert, but in any other context, no..Just no.

Hmmm...Other news...Yes, I WISH SOMEONE WOULD GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HEAD, JUST GET OUT OK? GET OUT, GET OUT. Now that I've sounded like a complete schizophrenic, we'll move on. Trott's been picked for the final Ashes game...Well that's that over then. Must be something else...Oh yes, finished watching House season 2, a television show now officially as good as Lost and Peep Show.
Now for the rest of this post I'm going to talk about a song. Both versions are brilliant, the Rufus Wainright one and the Jeff Buckley, each are on my iPod anyway. It is without a doubt the most PERFECT love song ever made. Let me explain... Unlike Runaway which is just about being in love with someone, Halleujah speaks of love in all forms.

Actually being in a relationship - 'I used to live alone before I knew you '
Falling in love - 'You saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you'
Affairs - 'All I ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you'
Reminiscing: 'There was a time you let me know whats really going on below, but now you never show it to me, do you?'
A relationship doomed to fail - 'Remember when I moved in you; the holy dark was moving too,'

This song deals with the highs and lows of love, it combines the two complete opposites beautifully and majestically which leaves me almost mesmerised by it's beauty. Undeniably brilliant and terrifically versatile.

Tom,

P.S: It's a House and Wilson video to Hallelujah, damn why does my best friend have to be so far away?

P.S.S.: Just learnt my brother took three wickets today - I taught him everything he knows, really my three wickets.

No comments: