Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tic-Tac.

Not sure if it's a particularly good thing, or healthy habit for that matter, but for the last couple of days without any exaggeration coffee and Tic-Tacs have become my entire diet.

Still on a massive high from Sunday's win. It's the sort of disbelief and slight confusion of the high though, I just don't understand it anymore, Australia scored 11centuries throughout the series, England 2...How did we win? It's just ridiculous. Love how Ponting can't seem to leave this country without some sort of facial injury, 2005 the sliced cheek, 2009 the cut lip.

OUT OF CONTEXT - What a disturbing song: 'I broke into your house last night...And left a note by your bedside..' That's just creepy and law defying. - OUT OF CONTEXT. Talking about law breaking, I want to find a job (just briefly) where I have to look after people on drugs, they're so fun to talk to! Ha, rabbits, what a nutter he was...

I'm now starting to understand the origins of cricket. That it was a sport devised by seniors of the British Empire to educate the colonies in a relaxed manner the morals and laws of the United Kingdom, that cricket is in fact a game representative of a person's life itself. I think my Test Match of a life is doing ok, I was born in this country to a family of decent wealth, what you would call a good batting wicket. Indeed, I had the good fortune to win the toss and elected to bat first, the openers did well, a few top order wickets though came in quick succession and there was a couple of missed opportunities in the field, a few catches should have been taken which weren't, on the whole though the outfielders have done well, not too many balls leaked to the boundary. The middle order has remained resilient so far - Thursday shall be a massive day for them though, when the opposition take the new ball, with any luck they'll hold it off and create a platform for number 7 and 8 to score some fast runs before the declaration. Yes, Thursday, bloody hell I wish everyone would stop going on about blooooody Thursday. People are talking about it like they're going to be facing a fucking firing squad. For myself, I'm not too worried, I don't want to sound arrogant, I just think I've done alright that's all. Anyway, my back up plan is fantastic. If all goes down the qualification drain, I'm joining her Majesty's Navy. Few reasons behind that move...

1. Compared to the other sections of the Armed Forces, the Navy offers the most jobs which don't require qualifications.
2. I can 'live a life without limits' - although that does imply some sort of lack of structure and authority to the Navy, sounds awesome.
3. I can't join the Army because I don't want to get shot and don't like running.
4. I can't join the RAF because flying high speed Eurofighters looks scary.
5. I like boats.

That's all for now,

Tom,

P.S: Some people are absolute hypocrites, not worthy of my very precious Cricket Manager dominated time.

No comments: