Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 - A review

Firstly let me start by saying, congratulations to South Africa for winning the test match in Melbourne, making it the first time Australia have lost at home since 1992..RIP Australian cricket.

So, last day of 2008, wow. Well over the next few minutes, I hope to inform you, the reader, on all the major events of this year concerning me in a false yet some what beleivable philosophy that you happen to be interested.
Well, January, I don't think much happened in January, certainly my journal is almost empty, I wrote FUCK OFF over one page covering two weeks, so we will just assume that January was poor and the year had got of to it's typically shambolic start.
February, again, nothing much happened, same with March...So let's just skip to April, well it was my Birthday...Though that happens every year, err...Oh I got an iPod, which I can safely say has changed my life, mostly for the better.
Around about May/June the cricket season for me got underway, this year being slightly more suuccesful than previous years, no massive injuries and I did acheive my highest score so far, that being a majestic 54.
About this time, I thought I was in love, but that ended with a series of dissapointments.
In May I started Jack Beckett, my novel about a man weirdly simmilar to myself, this has taken over far too many hours this year, yet I love doing it and it's good to break away from Sci-fi novels concerning black holes and the damnation of the human race.
Around about July, I became hugely obsessed with Oasis, I always liked them before, just now started buying Oasis cd's, not quite sure what brought it on, but glad it happened.
July 31st, one of the best day's of my life, saw England V South Africa at Edgbaston. Was a great day out, despite England loosing, seeing my favourite players for real was quite something.
So along came September, a predictably dull start to the year, nothing really happening, there was a rather nasty incident concerning a nutter, but thankfully I cleared that up remarkably well. It was about late September though, that I thought I might be in love with E, however, I decided back then to try and block this out as much as possible, pretend it wasn't happening and move on. This failed...(Thank God).
Mid-October I couldn't really help myself and told her in what ranks quite high in my list of: most terrifying moments of my life. A few weeks later, we started a relationship and I've been unusally happy ever since. Despite the fact I still moan about nearly everything and care about cricket a little too much, I owe it to her for making this year the best since...since...err...since...2000, I dont think in 2000 I really had a care in the world.

Well there you go, that brings us up to the present day, tomorrow I will write out what I want or expect to happen for New Year.
Thank you and goodbye,

Tom,

Bands I paticuarly enjoyed this year: Oasis, Muse, The Corrs,
Cricketers I now hate: Graeme Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Ian Bell (sorry Bell I know you try).
Random tv series I discovered and enjoyed: Survivors, Band of Brothers, IT crowd, Scrubs, Peep Show (best sitcom ever).
Quoations I remember from the year: 'Well Seb...Your just a...A fucking tree,'-Me,
'We can get some fighter jets to fire conkers,' - S,
'No, I'm not out Tom, I'm staying here and there's nothing you can do about it,' - Campbell,
'Tom, that's not a very convincing Badger,' - McHenry.
'The French...Aren't they the ones who love noodles?' - My American chum

No comments: