Saturday 4 July 2009

4 days to go...

Until the most exciting event of my life...? No probably not my life, that's a little bit too far. However, I like every England and Australian cricket fan have been waiting for Wednesday since 2005.

For all those silly people out there I'll VERY briefly explain the Ashes, I really can't be bothered to go into detail, Wiki it if you care that much.
1. England lost to Australia in...1882 I think, the press hailed this as the death of English cricket, someone burnt the stumps and placed the ASHES in a small urn.
2. Every four years England and play Australia play each other to win these ASHES.
3. It's 5 matches, so best out of 5 wins.
4. A 5 match tournament is played in England, then next year one of equal length will be played in Australia just to be fair.
5. It's important because of it's history and national pride related matters
6. Well known to be an intensely fought contest.

That being said, England lost the last series in Australia 5-0, before that we won in 2005 2-1 though, WOW MCWOW.

That's some official promotional video. WATCH IT SIMON AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I'VE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT THIS FOR FOUR YEARS.
Anyway, tomorrow I shall review the last series in Australia amongst other things. Monday, review the 2005 series. Tuesday the players. Before I leave the world of English-Australian rivalry, if you're reading this Geoff Miller head of selectors, firstly I think you're a tosser, secondly PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT PICK ONIONS!!!! He's another bowler with a silly name and Harmison is just better, forget Brisbane, we all make mistakes, sure he bowled the widest ball ever recorded but you know...It was hot that day.
Come to think about it I don't actually have anything else to write. Still haven't left the house, still haven't seen anyone for the 6th day running now, still not MENTAL!

Tom,
P.S: I do find Flintoff's eye twich rather amusing.
P.S.S: I think this might be quite a poorly written post but I don't have the time to edit these things.
P.S.S.: Must finsih my Valkyrie video review!

No comments: