Sunday 5 July 2009

Sims 3 and the Ashes 2006/07.

I was forced to leave my house yesterday, was not best pleased. A friend I know was having an emotional trauma or something, nobody else was around so it was left to me to comfort her, all I really did was nod a lot and say 'Shit that's awful,' but hey it got me the Sims 3 and I get the small satisfaction that I was apparently helpful!!!!! Sims 3 doesn't work on her computer, so it's mine and it just about performs. The game play itself runs pretty smoothly, I mean it's not perfect and the game likes to have a minor fit whenever the Sim version of myself meets someone new but I only see this as an accurate reflection of real life, congratulations EA. Loading times are ridiculous however, it takes about fifteen minutes to load, 15 MINUTES, I could actually hunt a rabbit and skin the thing in that time. The game itself though is pretty impressive, more meaningful than Sims 2 where you realised after 2 weeks you were spending so many hours of your free time telling this guy to take a shower yet Sims 3 still boasts charm and sophistication. No longer do you have to call a really fat taxi if you want to go anywhere, simply leave your house and wonder around the 'neighbourhood', hell I even got Sim Tom to walk to a stadium and watch a football match, he enjoyed it...apparently. The personality aspect has been greatly modified now, you can chose from literally hundreds of different personality traits, ranging from evil to clumsy to book worm. It's just better.

Geoff Miller didn't listen to my words or warning last post, he picked Onions, what a fool. OK I said I'd review the Ashes 2006/07 in Australia today. I remember we bought Sky simply for the Ashes that winter under the basis that given the amazing series beforehand we couldn't miss this, well we were wrong...Firstly I did miss most of it, I tried staying up all night, I really did, I just don't have it in me. There isn't much to review, we should have beaten Australia in the second test if it wasn't for Giles dropping catches everywhere, but it really just boils down to the fact they had the best cricket team the world has ever known, we had a mostly injured second rate outfit. No really, they did have the best team the world has ever known, the greatest leg spinner Shane Warne, greatest wicket keeper Adam Gilchrist, greatest seam bowler Glen McGrath, greatest opening partnership Hayden and Langer, it just clicked for them. A bit like the 20's everyone just sort of forgot about World War One, it didn't happen, it was too awful, never forget people, never forget.



I know I use a lot of videos in my blog, but the above really does just sum everything up. 'When you try your best but you don't succeed' - sigh.
Damn...I love cricket too much, I have to become a cricket journalist at some point in my life, I already have established contacts in that area, it has to happen. I'm going to be really angry towards the Australians for a while to come this year, I like them really, they have a beautiful country and it would be a dream to live there for my gap year or something? Sounds like a plan...

Tom,

No comments: