Saturday 1 November 2008

20 million US dollars, near Earth asteroids and other stuff...

Ok it's almost here and I am finding it difficult to keep calm.
For those of you who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, I'll briefly explain. Bassicaly, this is a cricket game on soon but not just a cricket game, the most valubale match EVER MCEVER.... It's a twenty20 game, which is the shortest form of the game possible, lasts about 100 minutes (so just longer than a football game)and is therefore the most exciting. Here is the crazy bit, thanks to some American nutter called Allen the winning team takes home 20 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It starts in under five hours and althought England are the favourites I cant help feeling extremely nervous. For example just imagine if it comes to the last ball, 2 runs needed for victory and then someone like Ian Bell goes and drops it (no offence Bell...but come on fielding isnt your strong point is it?)And how will Harmison cope opening the bowling? This is the most hyped up match since the Ashes a couple of years ago and in that game Harmison bowled the widest delivery ever recorded...Oh this is not looking good.

In other news, I lost the pen I found the other day and I've discovered that were all doomed, we've just escaped the evil work of Cern and now I learn that an asteroid entitled: 99942 Apophis is going to slam into either us or the moon in 2029, bloody hell.

I'll be 36 by then and at that point in my life I doubt I'll have done all the stuff I plan to do, like row across the atlantic or start a politcal revolution based in Shropshire.

Ah well, tara people,

Tom

No comments: